Did you know that summer reading programs began in the 1890s as a way to encourage school children, particularly those in urban areas, to read during their summer vacation?
To keep the tradition alive, our staff shared their current favorites for our own VIVA summer reading list. So go ahead, dig your toes into the sand with Half of a Yellow Sun or stay cool by the pool with the Legend series. Whatever your plans are this summer, pair up with a good book to read.
If you get to read these, let us know what you think. Talking about great books is like talking about strategy – we really can’t get enough!
The VIVA Team’s Summer Reading List
Other books worth reading this summer:
- This Is How It Always Is by Laurie Frankel
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
- Brújulas que buscan sonrisas perdidas by Albert Espinosa
- Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie